Western Utilities Services Ltd. - Victoria BC
Electricity Safety Tips
1. Survey the worksite for overhead power lines.
2. Assume all electric lines are energized.
3. Clearly mark your jobsite boundries to keep out people and machinery.
4. Do not touch any utility lines or any person who is in contact with an electric wire.
Natural Gas Safety Tips
1. Natural gas is a colorless and non-toxic gas that is odorized to smell like rotten eggs.
2. Natural gas is highly combustible.
3. Natural gas may become explosive if trapped in an enclosed space.
4. Natural gas ignition sources include, open flame, light switches, garage door openers, cell phones, pagers,
vehicles and other equipment.